Monday, June 9, 2014

Kids' Art Show

The first week of June, there was a school-wide art show. I am way behind in posting school work from the kids, so for my first new post, I am posting some photos of their art show pieces. Of course it is a bit difficult to photograph art on the wall, but it will give you the idea. I think they have done neat stuff this year.

James's art teacher explained to me that the kids, in groups of 4-5, had 90 minutes to design and create their rope sculptures in place. James's group elected to do something that incorporated a person into the project, so the mass of brown rope at the bottom is how she adapted it to hang on the wall after they had to extract the "living" component.










Meg's class also had a unit learning about the mythological characters of Greece. Part of that unit was for each 4th grader represent the characters whom she researched in a clay sculpture. Meg had Ceres.

No comments:

Post a Comment