Thursday, October 14, 2010

Photo Shoot

Took the kids to Sears Photos today for portraits.  (View the online album from Sears)  It has been a while. I have, perhaps not surprisingly, been less diligent with each successive child about the "milestone" photos. The last studio shot I have of John is his 2-year birthday, and now he is 4 months past his 3rd birthday. It seemed like time.


I also decided to forgo the school photos this fall for James and Maggie, since I decided I could get as good a price with my coupon at Sears but then pick my favorites shots. While this was all true, I unfortunately did not give enough weight to my emotional weakness in buying photos.



In the past, I have begged Jeremy to attend at least the end of the photo shoots, when you have to sit at the studio computer and pick out the shots to buy. He has no trouble saying, "This one. Not that one. This one. This size, this many, no more, let's go." I, on the other hand, agonize over the shots. I almost always like at least two poses of each kid. Now, I don't need two poses. I only have one frame on the wall for each of them. But I hate the idea that I might get home and change my mind and wish that I had picked a different shot. So today, I got sucked into buying about $40 and 10 portrait sheets more than I really needed. Oh well. I have blown $40 on sillier things in my life. And they are beautiful kids, if I do say so myself. :)

3 comments:

  1. That's *still* a better deal than school pictures these days. I think next year I'll join you. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, well unfortunately, it was not just $40 for all the photos, which would have been a good deal. To get exactly what I needed for each kid (same as school pics) would have been about $5/kid cheaper than school photos. So, I guess I only overspent by $25, not $40. Sounds better all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why can we jewetts not make decisions? Seriously, I need to hire someone to make decisions for me. It took me well over a year to finally get a pair new black work shoes, because I couldn't find the "right ones." The ones ended up buying were similar to the ones I looked at a year ago, only they cost more now. :) Nice work with the photos though...

    ReplyDelete