Saturday, December 4, 2010

Kids' sizes - for my own failing memory

Here is a true sign of my aging. I can't recall the kids' sizes at all these days. Maybe I just have too many kids? Anyway, we just ordered boots for all, so I have this receipt with current shoe sizes for all. But I need to clean off my counter. What to do?

Then, I realized, I live in a digital age. I can record their shoe size here for all time. Not very interesting to you, my reader, but very useful to me. :)

So, as of November 2010:

James - shoe size 7
Margaret - shoe size 3 (closer to 2 but we rounded up for boots)
John - shoe size 12 (closer to 11 but again, we rounded up)

Hey, I like this way of clearing paper from my life. Maybe I will start recording all kinds of vital statistics on the kids here. Height and weight? Blood pressure? Cholesterol level?

2 comments:

  1. This is kind of awesome. I certainly would keep this stuff digitally, but I personally would have probably emailed myself a note with the sizes. Posting on the digital wall for all to see is kind of more fun. Plus maybe this way there will be more fun shoe-presents coming in the future (like the dino-shoes)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have in the past just emailed this kind of info to myself, but then I either can't recall I did that, or can't recall enough about the message to find the old email. I'll have to see if this is any better.

    ReplyDelete