Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Helen eats

To some degree, Helen is making us crazy trying to figure out how to feed her. The first problem is a lack of chewing. I assume this will improve once all her molars are in, but for now, even food that she grabs and chews on eagerly is usually spit back out (in mashed up form) a few minutes later. The other problem is that she refuses to be spoon-fed by anyone else, except in the most dire of circumstances, and even then, she will, before long, make a successful grab for the spoon. Good luck prying it back out of her hand after that.





So of course, that means we are stuck with (soft) foods she can feed to herself. Which means accepting that sometimes, it will just be messy.  I vaguely recall the other kids going through both of these issues, and I guess they all grew enough in the end, so I am trying to laugh at the laundry, and the extra time needed for eating, and let it go. After all, she is clearly enjoying the process!


Here she is displaying the results of her attempts with yogurt.







2 comments:

  1. she looks SO much like John in these shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what people often say about her. I still just see Helen. But then again, I obviously *do* have trouble telling them apart since I had the mix-up with the passports. Would you believe that even with the correct one in hand, I still managed to sort through them and hand over Margaret's instead of Helen's?

      Delete