Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Big sister is watching

I had a bit of a surprise when I went up to bed the other night. On the floor, propped against my closed door, were three small sheets of paper torn from a mini-notebook. They were neatly lined up so that they could be read in the proper order. It is hard to say whether they would more appropriately be taken as a note or a warning shot over the bow.

There are THREE pages in this photo. If you only see two, then click on the photo for an enlarged screen view.
In case you are unable to decipher the handwriting, here is a transcription, without editing:

Take off and put on nail polish
Call Mrs. Huizing and ask her to wright 1-7 pages about being in the church family and what it is lik to be a mentor and how to do it.
Ask Mom for ice cream because James had it.
LOOK
Find out tunes to two new songs and find out or remind Mom to get video of Maggie P.O.F. (Profession of Faith)
To Mom and Dad, From Maggie
Read both pages
P.S. You will be getting these almost every night from me so watch for them
Love Maggie


So there. I have learned several things from this event.


1. Maggie has decided to start making to-do lists in a notebook that she keeps on her nightstand.
2. Maggie does not always fall asleep as soon as put to bed, like she used to do.
3. No matter how late I wait for the kids to fall asleep before I pull out the ice cream for my bedtime snack, they can apparently hear me. 
4. No matter how good my logic seems to myself - I had given up on this occasion on waiting for James to go to bed (it is summer, after all, and he is getting older) and just shared the ice cream with him - it will seem unfair to Maggie. (Actually, I didn't just learn this - I definitely already knew about her overdeveloped sense of fairness.)
5. The ominous tone popping in and out of the note indicates that Maggie is no longer a little kid, but a big kid, and not to be trifled with!


I am not sure what the sudden appearance of the to-do lists mean, but given my lousy track-record this summer for keeping the schedule in order, I guess I will take help from all comers.

No comments:

Post a Comment