Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Moment for Mom

Okay, it is true. Parenting is mostly just hard work. But those few shining moments, brief though they may be, make it all more than worth it.

Today, I went AWOL for about 30 minutes to shower and start the laundry. When I emerged, this is the scene I found in my kitchen:

Maggie (almost 7 yrs) had moved the fussy baby Helen (4 months) from her blanket on the floor up to her high chair, and was sitting next to her, keeping a pretty good watch.

James (10 yrs) was making ham sandwiches for everyone and was feeding John (almost 4 yrs), who was dancing his plastic dinosaurs for Helen's entertainment. James had also found and started his They Might Be Giants CD and was boogie-ing at the counter with the mustard knife, and singing, belting out, "I am a pal-e-on-tol-o-gist.... That's what I am, That's what I am."

I really do love being a mom to these kids.

2 comments:

  1. I think your blog needs a "like" button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeff! :)

    I tried to add that once but the technology overwhelmed me. I really don't enjoy fiddling around with web stuff.

    ReplyDelete