Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oh, the things that you'll think...

 John has reached the age of rapid-fire questions. He isn't shy, so he will ask them of anyone handy, though mom is the most likely target. Today, walking through the neighborhood, John and Maggie were ahead of me (on bike/scooter while I walked) and stopped to talk to a woman walking her dogs. When I got caught up to her a few minutes later, she just shook her head, smiled, and said, "Boy, you have your hands full!" Not sure what she meant, I smiled politely and nodded. She elaborated, "Those kids have a lot of questions!" 

Below are a sampling of some questions I heard today. I may have to add to the list as I think of more. You may want to know that "What's 'tween?" is John's shorthand for, "What's the difference between ..."

"Mom, what's 'tween a shark and a cheetah?"

[To the woman walking dogs on our street:] 
"Why do you have two leashes?"
"Why do you have two dogs?" 
"Why is one dog yellow and one dog black?"
 [During dinner, while inspecting his utensils:]
"What's the difference 'tween a fork and a rake?"

"Why is a cheetah the fastest?"

[After hearing the fire station sirens from just around the corner:] 
"Which way is the fire truck going - left, or right?"

"If a person gets shot with a gun in real life, will he die?"

No comments:

Post a Comment